Father and Son LLC
Floor Cleaning and Restoration
Carpet, Tile, Grout, Upholstery Cleaning Fountain Hills, AZ.
We at Father and Son LLC run into; make-up, lipstick and other unknown cosmetic stains in carpeting, upholstery and fabrics frequently, especially when we are cleaning properties that still have carpeting in or just outside of the washroom. Below are a few quick and simple steps that should help remove most of the cosmetic stains and spots in your carpet or upholstery.
Each stain or spot is different, depending on whether it is oil based or non-oil based.
1. Determine what the spot could be. Ex – lipstick is oil based, eyes shadow is non-oil based.
2. Remove as much of the spot or product with a damp rag, baby wipe or paper towel.
3. Mix a teaspoon of dish soap with 1 cup water and work into spot with toothbrush or rag.
4. Blot the area with a damp rag until you are no longer removing any more of the spot.
5. If the spot remains repeat steps 3 and 4, except use degreaser instead of dish soap.
6. Rinse the area with water and dry up as much as possible, with a dry towel or wet-dry-vac.
If the spot is still noticeable there are other chemicals that can be used to remove tough spots, such as: rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, ammonia, vinegar, paint/oil/grease removers and many others. All chemicals should be used with caution, follow all warning labels and directions.
*Always test any chemical on an inconspicuous area, in case of bleaching, fading and discoloration.
If you are up against tough spots, stains, dirt, grease and grime, give Father and Son LLC a call for all of your carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning needs. We are locally owned and operated out of Fountain Hills, AZ. We are Licensed, Bonded and Insured. You will be amazed at what we get out of your carpet, upholstery, tile and grout. If we can’t get it clean, no one can! Visit us at www.fatherandsonpro.com